Cross State Title Transfers

When you are moving from one state to another and you want to be able to drive your vehicle in the new state of residence, you must transfer the vehicle title and notify the DMV of the change. In case you want to buy or sell a car from another state, a title transfer is also required.

Requirements for a title transfer depend on the car’s type and the state you are moving to. There are a few steps that you need to do in case you’re moving to another state. You first have to prove that you have become a resident of the state you’ve moved to. You can do that by proving that you have a full-time employment there, you have leased a house or you have enrolled in a university. Then you have to get an out-of-state title and vehicle registration and submit it to your new residential state’s DMV. Proof of auto insurance, emissions testing and VIN verification reports may also be required.

For quotes and information on auto insurance, go here:

For more on emission testing:

VIN checks can be made here:

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply